Sunday, January 17, 2010

Marc Petitjean

From time to time I come across some very good fly tying swag. When this happens, it's important to share the "find." So, you have heard of Marc Petitjean of Switzerland. An excellent tyer, winner of awards and designer of ingenious tying tools. I had a chance to watch him in action at The Fly Fishing Show and chat with him. I was amazed to learn that most of the tools are handmade (think Swiss watches) and the materials are hand selected. I found the CDC to be excellent and his 100% silk tying thread is wonderful, coming in 4 subtle colors: cream, grey, olive and black. What I am now into is using the split thread dubbing technique. View Marc on www.youtube.com/marcpetitjean, or go to his website at http://www.petitjean.com/. I warn you that his tools and materials are expensive, but worth the extra dough.

No comments: