Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cinco Rios




It's hard to get back into the swing of things at home after spending a week at Cinco Rios in Coyhaique, Chile. Here's a short recap of day one of the trip. My fellow traveler, Mike, and I were greeted at the airport in Balmaceda by our host Sebastian and several of the guides from the lodge. After many hours of flying, it was great to have finally arrived. My luggage, on the other hand, was apparently still flying and was not finished traveling. After a bumpy ride in a very ancient Land Rover we got to the lodge and headed for the Rio Simpson. Mike and I both grabbed a couple of rainbows. All of mine came on a club sandwich. Our guide, Hector, was an apprentice, but in the end it was Hector that put me onto my biggest fish of the trip, a 24 inch bow. Since I did not have my luggage I fished in very large waders and size 14 boots borrowed from Sebastian. I did have all my other fishing gear...never let it out of my sight while in route. Pictured are the lodge and the view of Rio Simpson from out balcony.

1 comment:

sakaigirl said...

You live here?? What a spectacular view!!! Just dropping by to say Hi