Sunday, August 24, 2008

Correct Link to Hans Weilennman's Page & Fishing With The Most Basic Equipment

Sorry about the incorrect link to Hans Weilennman's website it has been corrected for those who are interested. Check it out at www.danica.com/flytier to find out about the Snikwah.

Have been catching a good number of decent-sized yellow perch, some 3-4 inch baby smallies and rock bass at the dock lately. Even landed a good size lake trout. Still working the local dock with my trusty hand line and a simple fly. All the bait chuckers seem to think I should get a reel, pole and some proper equipment. What do they know. They have massive, I mean massive amounts of tackle, coolers, rods, reels, nets, lawn chairs, umbrellas, etc. It looks like a big box outdoors store exploded all over the dock. You fly folks know what I mean. I have a small waist pack with some flies, a spool of mono/heavy tippet, nippers, hemostat and a couple of split shot. What more could I need to catch fish? Besides I end up with time to catch some fish as I do not have to fumble with so much gear. Nor do I need a Sherpa to carry it all.

No comments: